How to Choose an Agent
Choose a Qualified Agent
Purchasing a home is often the largest financial decision a person will ever make and choosing the right advisor can make a difference in the outcome. Prior to 1995, REALTORS® in Canada actually worked for the Seller in a real estate transaction via what was known as “sub-agency”. Fortunately, consumers now have a level of service and protection they can opt for by selecting a REALTOR® to represent them exclusively as a Buyer’s agent, forming what is referred to as an “agency relationship” in which the REALTOR® and their brokerage must do what is best for the Buyer.
Keystone agents are Accredited Buyer Representatives so we prioritize and remain accountable to your best interests at all times. We hold the highest standards of ﬁduciary duties, similar to doctors and lawyers. Our commitment is to help you buy the right home for the best price.
When you choose an agent to help you with your next home purchase, consider a real estate professional who:
- Has a solid track record of success over the years and is proud to tell you their stats.
- Is familiar with the area you want to move to and knows what the local market is doing.
- Handles homes in your price range so you get appropriate market expertise, time and energy.
- Is someone you feel comfortable talking to and asking all of your questions. There is no such thing as a bad question when you are choosing where you want to live and how to spend a large percentage of your ﬁnances.
- Understands your needs and lifestyle and is able to make recommendations about your choices.
- Is someone who is trustworthy and honest, realistic when discussing your home purchase, committed to you, motivated to help you, and knowledgeable.
- Is part of a team with the experience, time and skill to service your needs.
- Has qualiﬁed referrals to assist you with other necessary real estate services, such as arranging a home inspection, arranging a mortgage, and ﬁnding a real estate lawyer.
Buying a home doesn’t have to be stressful. Indeed, it can (and should) be an experience that is as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like to discuss your real estate needs and objectives and the ways we can help you successfully achieve them.